Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why is it that when your fire alarm goes off, it is always in the middle of the night. My new landlord put in a combined fire and carbon monoxide alarm.  I had thought I had removed the battery from the original fire alarm.  I guess not.  3 AM and that tell tale LOUD beep rang out.  BJ squeezed himself against me and began to shake so that you could hear his teeth chattering.  I went for the fire/cm alarm first and pulled the battery.  BJ in the mean time was pressing against my legs.  When the alarm sounded again it hit me that it was the other alarm.  BJ continued shaking and crying as I spent time getting the ladder to get to the alarm.
Look at that face.  I felt so sorry for BJ.  I held him and hugged him until he finally stopped shaking.   He does the same thing for thunder and the blasts from the second avenue subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment