Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

It wasn't my fault.  I swear.

I had to have minor out-patient surgery on Thursday and knew I would not be able to take BJ for walks.  There was just no way I could take him for his afternoon and evening walks on Thursday and his morning and afternoon walks on Friday.  Since he loves his dog walker, she picked him up to stay with her.  He would not be in a cage.  He would have a bed (her bed) to sleep on.  He also had a cat to play with.  (He gets along with cats.)  I sent him with his cookies, his toys, and his food.

Okay.  You would think he would be happy to be home and see me.  Not.  Tail wagging he jumped on the bed and gave me a few kisses.  That was it until Sunday.  He wouldn't sit with me.  He wouldn't play fetch with me.  He didn't follow me around.  He was really mad at me and was going to be sure I knew that he did not approve of what I did.

Apologizing - to my dog.  I felt like an idiot asking me to forgive me.  I couldn't promise never to do leave him again because I can't keep that promise.  He finally decided to give it up and you see the look on his face change from a glare to a smile.

I survived.  Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile!
    My old german shephard used to do the same thing ... like he was embarrassed to be caught "being delighted" .. then, remembering to pout and sulk.
    Oh, but I did (and still do!) lots of apologizing.
    Isn't it crazy sweet? :)

    ReplyDelete