Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Grooming and Rain
Any time you want to know when it's going to rain, just check with me and find out when I'm bringing BJ in to be groomed.  It never fails.  It either rains that day or the day after.  Sunday was no exception.  It wasn't raining when I brought him in and started when I picked him up.

Aside from that, what does it take for the groomer to cut him the same way twice.  We go over the look I want, I show her a picture, and she said she knew what to do.  For a 20 lb 12-year old, he has tremendous strength when he digs in.   BJ was not happy when she began to take him down the stairs and he dug in.

Even with the picture she didn't get it right.  He looks cute, just doesn't have the scruffy face I wanted.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer! Good groomers are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How right you are. Even with prices of $125 and up (I'm in New York City) the groomers aren't good. When he first came to live with me I groomed him myself. I didn't do a bad job but at least it didn't cost me anything. Eleven years later it's hard for me to bend to bath him in the tub. He's too big for the kitchen sink. Soooo

    I'll just have to accept his looking cute and not having a scruffy face. I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear that the cut is never the same twice. I haven't had that experience, but only because with two Shelties and a Lab there isn't much cutting that needs to be done. I would imagine it would be quite frustrating if I paid good money for a specific look and didn't get it.

    On the other hand, BJ looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why with Chinese Cresteds I learned how to do it myself. I was never satisfied with anyone else trying to groom them. Have you thought of getting yourself a grooming table so you don't have to bend down so much? He is really, really adorable anyway. :-)

    New follower here! I found you via the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop. Come by and check out my blog when you get a chance. :-)

    http://raisingrama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete