Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Loving our pets causes us to do things we never in a million years thought we would do.  As I mentioned before, I'm transitioning BJ to a raw food diet.  I went to hare-today.com and learned a lot about the food, quantity, etc.  I ordered a variety of food and bones with marrow.

He loves the bones and was torn between wanting to go out or continue with his bone.  He went out and as soon as we walked back into the apartment he ran to his bone and then came over for his cookie.

It wasn't the same for the raw chicken.  He wolfs down cooked chicken and walked away from the raw.  I bought 2 lbs that couldn't be returned and needed to do something with it.  The only answer I could think of was to cook it.  You need to know that I don't cook.  In fact, I dust my stove.  However, I didn't want to waste money and BJ had to eat.  So, I cooked.  I couldn't believe it.  I actually cooked.  I must have done okay - he wolfed it down:  For breakfast and dinner.

I won't make this a habit.  As soon as I'm finished with the two pounds, I will go back to dusting my stove.  Cleaning it is too much work.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard that if you can boil water you can cook chicken, but i have no authority on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, with the help of a whistling tea pot, I can boil water.

      Delete