(Other people's opinions of spoil.)
A short list of the extras that I do for BJ, in stream of consciousness order:
- Minutes before thunder or blasting for the subway, BJ would zoom up on my lap and begin to pant and shake uncontrollably. I would hold him and talk softly to him, The thunder suit didn't work. Is that spoiling him?
|I have ice cubes.|
- When we come in from walks in hot weather and I give him fresh water, I put a few ice cubes in it to make it refreshing. He now waits for the ice cubes. Is that spoiling him?
- BJ doesn't like to eat alone. If I want him to eat immediately I stay in the kitchen until he finishes. If I walk away, he follows me. Is that spoiling him?
G-d this list is getting long. Maybe I am spoiling him.
- I've been quite sick from soon after I returned from BlogPaws and have been in bed most of the time. Since BJ doesn't like to eat alone, I moved his food dish into the bedroom. He looks at me and starts eating immediately. Is that spoiling him?
- As you might note from some of the pictures, BJ likes his comfort, ergo soft pillows. When he gets tired of resting on the chair cushion, he hops up on the back pillow. Is that spoiling him?
- In spite of his having his own memory foam bed, he'll jump up on my bed and hop on the pillows on "his" side of the bed. When they get flattened, I puff them up for him. Is that spoiling him?
This one is empowering him.
- When we get into the street for our walk, I stand still for a second and he chooses the direction. There are times when I really need to go a certain way. If it's okay, he goes; if it isn't, he digs in and refuses to move.
So what do you think? Am I spoiling BJ?
What things do you do that you think spoil your pet?